Joining the Co-op
Examples of open rooms
Regen Co-op has about 25 rooms available between 4 houses - and there are often openings, especially in the summer. Could you be the next community member? Rooms are priced from $400-$650 depending on size and amenities (closet, bathroom access, wood floor or carpet, view, etc). Rent includes all utilies (gas, electric, water, and wireless internet).
Anyone interested in joining the community goes through the following steps:
- Contact us! Send an email to email@example.com and let us know you are interested. You will be assigned a contact person who will help see you through the process.
- Vist & Informal Interview: All perspective residents are invited to join us for a community dinner Sunday through Thursday at 7:00 pm. If you can come a bit early, someone can give you a tour of the houses.
- Formal Interview: If you are still interested in moving in, we will schedule a formal interview that takes places after a community dinner (Sunday through Thursday). The interview usually lasts 45 minutes and is an opportunity for us to get to know you better, and you can also ask us questions. The questions are typically about your desire to live in community, how you handle conflict, how long you hope to live here, etc.
- Acceptance: After the formal interview, there is a 48-hour waiting period where co-op residents can still contact you with questions. After this period, your contact person will let you know if you are accepted. At that point, you are cleared to move in. Rooms are available on a first-come basis, so we can't guarantee that you'll get any specific room. You will also need to sign a lease with one of the co-owners. Once you are moved in, you are part of the Regen community!
- Wait - I don't live near Pomona, so how do I interview??? For people who are intersted in moving in, but can't come visit in person, there are options. Sometimes co-op members are traveling and can meet with you where you live. We can also arrange for an interview over Skype (please make sure you know how to use Skype before a scheduled interview!). Just start with step one above and we'll do our best to work with you!
Who lives at Regen Co-op?
A candle on a home-baked birthday pizza
Regen is a diverse community open to anyone who has a desire to live in an intentional, shared setting. We are a mix of college students (community college, undergrad and graduates), working professionals and families. We have people from all over the world, many different backgrounds, ages, sexual orientation and gender preference, and religions. We are looking for people who can make longer term commitments, but will also take short-term residents as space allows.
What expectations do you have for residents?
We have the following expectations for members of the community:
Along with the items laid out above, there are other ways to participate in other community activities, like gardening and yard upkeep, skill shares, work days, group outings, and other things that come up. Everyone contributes in a different way.
- Cook a vegetarian or vegan dish for community dinner one night per week
- Attend community dinners as often as possible (Sunday through Thursday)
- Attend the monthly community meeting - usually the first Sunday of the month
- Attend monthly house meetings
- Participate in interviews for new members
- Help with household chores as determined by each house (mainly cleaning and shopping)
- Contribute $20 per week to the household food fund
- Participate in some aspect of the Sustainability Seminar (planning, cooking, cleaning, outreach), held each spring